From CSULA CS Wiki
Complex Systems Resources
- Abbott, Short complex systems course
- Abbott, Complex Systems
- Abbott, earlier course website
- Abbott, CS 461 soccer.jar MouseWork.jar soccer-src.zip
- Abbott, Simple_Genetic_Algorithm_Package
- Abbott, Emergence
- Abbott, "Emergence Explained"
- Abbott, Conferences on Complex Systems and related subjects
- Abbott, Museum of unintended consequences
- Abbott, Symposium on Complex Systems Engineering: Participants
- Abbott, Traveling Salesman Problem (TSP)
- Bar-Yam, Dynamics of Complex Systems
- Ben-Naim, Arieh (2010) Discover Entropy and the Second Law of Thermodynamics: A Playful Way of Discovering a Law of Nature
- Bologna, University of, Lectures from the 2005 Summer School on Aspects of Complexity
- Bonabeau, "Agent-based modeling"
- Brownlee, Jason (2011) Clever Algorithms: Nature-Inspired Programming Recipes
- Carley, Catherine, "BioWar: Scalable Agent-Based Model of Bioattacks". Distinguishes benefits of agent-based modeling.
- Cederman, Computational Models of Social Systems
- Davis, Boat and Torpedoes Torpedo avoidance "Waterworld"
- Densmore Owen Densmore's home page
- Gibbons, Introduction to Game Theory
- Goldberg, The Design of Innovation: Lessons from and for Competent Genetic Algorithms
- Freitas and Merkle, Kinematic Self-Replicating Machines
- Fromm, CAS Wiki
- Gilbert, Agent-based social simulation: dealing with complexity
- Grimm, Volker et. al., Pattern-Oriented Modeling of Agent-Based Complex Systems: Lessons from Ecology.
- Hallinan, Jennifer, Course: Introction to Complex Systems Univ. Queensland, Australia
- Harvard's Institute for Quantitative Social Science and Program on Networked Governance offer Complexity and Social Networks Blog
- IEEE Transactions on Evolutionary Computation. Apparently all articles are available online.
- Jacob, Complex Biological Systems
- Duong, Self-organized criticality
- Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation
- Kan, Lecture Notes for Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems
- Kim, Jaegwon, Explanation, Prediction, and Reduction in Emergentism.
- Liebovitch and Scheurle Two Lessons from Fractals and Chaos
- Lindgren, Information Theory for Complex Systems
- Lozano, Manuel, Francisco Herrera, and Jos´e Ram´on Cano (2003) "Replacement Strategies to Preserve Useful Diversity in Steady-State Genetic Algorithms"
- Macal and North, Tutorial on Agent-based modeling and simulation
- Macy, Michael W. and Robert Willer From Factors to Actors: Computational Sociology and Agent-Based Modeling
- Maslov, Sandpile Model
- Page, Introduction to Complexity
- R. Poli, W. B. Langdon, and N. F. McPhee. A field guide to genetic programming. Published via http://lulu.com and freely available at http://www.gp-field-guide.org.uk, 2008.
- Rauch, Seeing Around Corners
- Rennard, Introduction to Artificial Life and Java Illustration
- Reynolds, Craig W. Reynolds's website
- Schelling, Nobel prize lecture
- Schollmeyer, Josh Games get serious
- Shalizi, e.g., Power laws
- Strogatz, Exploring Complex Networks
- Tesfatsion, Agent-Based Computational Economics: Growing Economies from the Bottom Up
This site contains a large collection of useful material.
- Agent-based modeling of evolutionary economic systems
- Introductory Materials Agent-Based Computational Economics (ACE)
- On-Line Guide for Newcomers to Agent-Based Modeling in the Social Sciences
- Repast Self-Study Guide
- Syllabus for Economics 308: Agent-Based Computational Economics
- Computational Laboratories and Demonstration Software
- Timmis, et. al., “Going Back to our Roots”: Second Generation Biocomputing
- Troitzsch, Validating Simulation Models
- Wolfers, Justin and Eric Zitzewitz Prediction Markets
- Yao, A Gentle Introduction to Evolutionary Computation
- Zick and Bramson, Complexity Blog
- Zick and Bramson, Computer Modeling Tutorial (slides)
Machine Learning Resources
- Berthold, Michael et. al. (2010) Guide to Intelligent Data Analysis
- eHarmony talks
- Getting started in machine learning
- IEEE Tutorials on Machine Learning
- Julia vs Matlab vs R vs Python
- Machine learning conference videos
- (longer) machine learning videos
- (longer, recent) machine learning videos
- Ng, Andrew Machine learning course Stanford
- Maximal Information-base Non-parametric Exploration (MINE)
- Wolfram|Alpha Pro
- Interactive tutorials
- Beebe, Fred (2011) Intro to Econ
- Delong, Brad (2002) Online notes from his book Macroeconomics
- HenryGeorge.org Understanding Economics
- McAfee, R. Preston (2011) Introduction to Economic Analysis (pdf) (MS Word)
by R. Preston McAfee
- Delong, Brad
- Teaching Macroeconomics: Brad DeLong's Online Resources
- (Fall 2010) Econ 1
- (2011) Intermediate Macroeconomics Course
Double capital and labor, and Y will double. The exponent 0 ≤ α ≤ 1 reflects diminishing returns.
- Holden, Phil short videos